Applications are now open!
We are pleased to announce the opening of the nomination process for our coveted 2018 USBLN Annual Leadership Awards. The awards recognize leading disability workplace, supply chain and marketplace practices. Awardees demonstrate outstanding commitment to promoting disability diversity across their enterprises and clearly embody the highest ethical standards and values in the community.
The deadline for all nominee submissions is January 12th, 2018 at 5:00 pm EST.
Please note that late submissions will not be accepted.
Companies are welcomed to self-nominate and may submit nominations for multiple categories for consideration; however, one form per category must be completed. Submit your electronic nomination to: Adele@usbln.org.
Award recipients will be selected by committee and announced at the 2018 USBLN 21st Annual National Conference & Biz2Biz Expo, Awards Ceremony in Las Vegas, Nevada in July 2018. For more information about the annual conference, visit: www.usblnannualconference.org
Nomination forms are available in Word document format, please DO NOT convert to PDF.
The awards recognize leaders in eight (8) categories including:
John D. Kemp Leadership Award
- The John D. Kemp Leadership Award is presented to an individual who has developed or influenced the development of significant company disability employment programs and/or services that resulted in measurable, tangible and positive outcomes that dramatically improved disability employment opportunities.
- “John D. Kemp Leadership Award” – Download Nomination Form
Employer of the Year
- There are two categories for Employer of the Year award – one for national, multi-national or multi-state companies with 1000 or more employees and one for single state or locally-based companies with less than 1000 employees. Companies are recognized for exemplary policies, strategies and initiatives that have resulted in measurable results in the areas of disability inclusiveness in the workplace, marketplace and supply chain.
- For this category, a company must self-nominate. The nomination must be submitted by or on behalf of the company’s headquarters and be based on the achievements, policies and practices of the company and not on one branch or unit. A company must also be a member of the USBLN to be considered for this award.
- Note: Employer means all employers except non-profit service providers and government agencies. Since the USBLN recognizes that building a disability-inclusive company is a cumulative effort done over time, the information presented should reflect this and include recognitions and awards received in previous years. *If you have received this award within the past 3 years you are not eligible to apply.
- “Employer of the Year” – Download Nomination Form
Marketplace Innovator of the Year
- The USBLN 2018 Annual Leadership Awards “Marketplace Innovator of the Year” has two categories – one for a marketing campaign or an advertisement that includes disability and one for developing products that are designed to be used for people of all abilities. A company must be a member of the USBLN to be considered for this award.
- “Marketplace Innovator of the Year” – Download Nomination Form
Affiliate of the Year
- The “Affiliate of the Year” honors the outstanding Business Leadership Network (BLN) Affiliate that has demonstrated exemplary efforts in promoting the vision, mission and spirit of the USBLN. As a result of this BLN Affiliate’s efforts, employers and their communities understand, utilize, and benefit from the valuable resources that people with disabilities present in the workplace, supply chain and marketplace. Self-nominations are encouraged. *If you have received this award within the past 3 years you are not eligible to apply.
- “Affiliate of the Year” – Download Nomination Form
Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Businesses Award
- The “Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Business and Service-Disabled Veteran Disability-Owned Businesses” award nomination is presented to the corporation or government agency that has demonstrated outstanding inclusion of USBLN certified disability-owned businesses (including businesses owned by service disabled veterans), and demonstrated commitment to disability business inclusion in their supply chain processes and corporate supplier diversity programs.
- *Note: A DOBE® is a USBLN certified Disability-Owned Business Enterprise, operating for profit, that is at least 51 percent owned, managed, operated and controlled by a person with a disability; located in the U.S. a SDV-DOBE™ is a Service-Disabled Veteran Disability-Owned Business Enterprise. *If you have received this award within the past 3 years you are not eligible to apply.
- “Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Businesses Award” – Download Nomination Form
Advocate of the Year – Supply Chain Inclusion
- The “Advocate of the Year-Supply Chain Inclusion” Award recognizes the individual advocate and/or procurement champion, who have provided exceptional support in the development of USBLN®, certified Disability-Owned Business Enterprises- DOBE®s and Service-Disabled Veteran Disability-Owned Business Enterprises (SDV-DOBEs™) and goals of the USBLN® Disability Supplier Diversity Program® (DSDP). The “Advocate of the Year-Supply Chain Inclusion” is someone who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to the utilization and growth of disability-owned businesses.
- “Advocate of the Year-Supply Chain Inclusion” – Download Nomination Form
Supplier of the Year
- This award recognizes the USBLN certified Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE®) that has provided excellent service and distinguished itself and its business through its business practices and serves as a role model for disability business inclusion in the supply chain.
- *Note: This award category is specifically designed for business partners to nominate deserving disability suppliers in their supply chains.
- “Supplier of the Year” – Download Nomination Form
ERG/BRG of the Year
- The ERG/BRG of the Year Award recognizes the one Employee/Business Resource Group at a national, multi-national, or multi-state company with 1000 or more employees that most exemplifies programs, strategies, and initiatives that have resulted in measurable results in the area of disability inclusion in the workplace, marketplace, and supply chain.
- For this category, a company must self-nominate. A company must also be a member of the USBLN to be considered for this award.
- “ERG/BRG of the Year” Download Nomination Form