USBLN Hands out Top Leadership Awards at Annual Conference
Winners include Microsoft, AT&T, Wells Fargo, IBM and Capital One
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Oct. 2, 2015) – The US Business Leadership Network®(USBLN®) presented top awards on September 30, 2015 during the annual conference Leadership Awards in Austin, Texas. Recognition was given to six companies, an individual and an affiliate network for their outstanding commitment to and work in the disability inclusion community.
This year the USBLN expanded the Marketplace Innovator of the Year category to include two awards, one for a disability inclusive advertisement and one for product development.
The eight 2015 USBLN Leadership Award categories and winners are:
- The John D. Kemp Leadership Award – Oswald “Oz” Mondejar, Senior Vice President, Mission and Advocacy for Partners Continuing Care, non-acute care services division of Partners HealthCare, Boston, Massachusetts
- Affiliate of the Year – Wyoming’s Uinta County Business Leadership Network
- Advocate of the Year – Supply Chain Inclusion – Capital One
- Supplier of the Year – Mark Ellson, Founder and CEO, Jemni, Inc.
- Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Businesses – IBM
- Marketplace Innovator of the Year, Disability Inclusive Advertisement – Wells Fargo & Company
- Marketplace Innovator of the Year, Product Development – AT&T
- Employer of the Year – Microsoft
Disability:IN reveals new research that says millennials want disability inclusion
[Download PDF version]
USBLN – A Leading Nonprofit for Disability Inclusion – Rebrands to Disability:IN, Publishes Survey Data on Millennial Job Priorities
Survey shows millennial employees prioritize diversity and inclusion when selecting, remaining at jobs; yet only half believe their employer is committed to hiring, retaining people with disabilities.
126 Major Businesses Rated “Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion”
Fortune 1000 Corporations are recognized as a part of the 2018 Disability Equality Index (DEI) and honored as the “Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion”.
5 Ways to Participate in Global Accessibility Awareness Day #GAAD
On May 17th, the USBLN will be celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). GAAD was established to create awareness and generate conversations about accessibility, specifically web accessibility, for people with disabilities.
USBLN Facilitates Over 8,000 New Hires with Disabilities Through Going for the Gold Program
Through the Going for the Gold (GFG) program, the USBLN is aiding 20 Fortune and Global 500 companies achieve the “gold standard” in hiring and fully including individuals with disabilities in their workforces.