USBLN Hands out Top Leadership Awards at Annual Conference
Winners include Microsoft, AT&T, Wells Fargo, IBM and Capital One
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Oct. 2, 2015) – The US Business Leadership Network®(USBLN®) presented top awards on September 30, 2015 during the annual conference Leadership Awards in Austin, Texas. Recognition was given to six companies, an individual and an affiliate network for their outstanding commitment to and work in the disability inclusion community.
This year the USBLN expanded the Marketplace Innovator of the Year category to include two awards, one for a disability inclusive advertisement and one for product development.
The eight 2015 USBLN Leadership Award categories and winners are:
- The John D. Kemp Leadership Award – Oswald “Oz” Mondejar, Senior Vice President, Mission and Advocacy for Partners Continuing Care, non-acute care services division of Partners HealthCare, Boston, Massachusetts
- Affiliate of the Year – Wyoming’s Uinta County Business Leadership Network
- Advocate of the Year – Supply Chain Inclusion – Capital One
- Supplier of the Year – Mark Ellson, Founder and CEO, Jemni, Inc.
- Top Corporation for Disability-Owned Businesses – IBM
- Marketplace Innovator of the Year, Disability Inclusive Advertisement – Wells Fargo & Company
- Marketplace Innovator of the Year, Product Development – AT&T
- Employer of the Year – Microsoft
5 Ways to Participate in Global Accessibility Awareness Day #GAAD
On May 17th, the USBLN will be celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). GAAD was established to create awareness and generate conversations about accessibility, specifically web accessibility, for people with disabilities.
USBLN Facilitates Over 8,000 New Hires with Disabilities Through Going for the Gold Program
Through the Going for the Gold (GFG) program, the USBLN is aiding 20 Fortune and Global 500 companies achieve the “gold standard” in hiring and fully including individuals with disabilities in their workforces.
Businesses Collaborate to Change the Unemployment Rate for People with Autism
This week, organizations across industries will gather at the third annual Autism at Work Summit, which will take place on Microsoft’s Campus in Redmond, Washington, April 24-26, 2018.
2018 Annual Conference – Resources on Accommodations
For those conference attendees in need of medical equipment/scooters, etc. – The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas has provided the names of several vendors whose information is included below. Of course, you are welcome to choose any vendor you prefer, we have provided these for convenience and this in no way serves as an endorsement. If […]
Get to know Chad Jerdee
As an amputee, I know what it feels like to be different and have people make assumptions about what I can and can't do. Disability inclusion is about overcoming those assumptions.